Authentic P-90 sound in a humbucker retrofit size pickup. Recommended for country, jazz, blues, rockabilly, classic rock and heavy rock.
Originally developed in the Custom Shop for Hamer® Guitars, a Phat Cat is an actual single-coil P-90 Soapbar that fits under a humbucker cover and drops into humbucker-equipped guitars. The tone is big and fat, er, phat. It uses two Alnico 2 magnets for more sustain and softer attack. Also, the metal covers provide more shielding and noise reduction than standard soapbar covers.
- DC Resistance Neck 7.98 ohms
- DC resistance of 8.49 ohms bridge
- Resonant frequency of neck: 6.30 kHz
- Bridge resonant frequency: 6.05 kHz
- Neck and bridge position are humming along oppressive
- Neck pickup of opposite polarity, and wound
- 2-core, shielded cable
Made in USA